Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Rock Star

When we find the perfect parking space, I call it “rock star car park”.

When I find the perfect outfit, I call it “rock star outfit”.

When we get the best seat in the restaurant, theatre or cinema, I call it “rock star seating”.

Basically, anything that is perfect, smooth or problem free, I label it “rock star”.

Today, I had a rock star accountants appointment!

I contacted our usual accountant at the beginning of July because I was three years behind with my personal taxes (the shop is up to date) and the tax office was on my back.

I sent through all of my information and she sent me a quote, which I agreed to - signed the paperwork and then waited.

… and waited …

… and waited.

Ten days ago, that’s five months after our agreement, I receive an email telling me that she could no longer do my taxes.

Five months!

So I gave them a piece of my mind.

There is no question that I am in the wrong for procrastinating so long before rushing to get my taxes done BUT why did they wait five months to tell me!?

I also received an email from our financial advisor with copies of her communication with said accountant. It was derogatory and claimed that my paperwork was in disarray, among other things.

So today, I attended an appointment with a generic accountant.

There was a bit of a hiccup when I didn’t have my tax file number with me, but in one hour and ten minutes, this accountant completed all three years of tax returns and made comment about about how well prepared I was and well organised I was with my paperwork and figures.

It was easy, effortless and stress free.

So the other accountant can shove it! They were unprofessional from the beginning - we received private/confidential paperwork in the mail that belonged to their other clients TWICE and when we called about it, they told us to just throw it in the bin! Phone calls were rarely returned and they charged an arm and a leg.

They have also had three name changes and three addresses in 8 years. There was a three month period where they were uncontactable - no address, no email, no phone number.

I don’t recommend UNA for your accounting needs.

Anyway …

Today’s appointment was rock star terrific and I am a very happy chappy.

Sales at the shop were very good and some locals came in to say goodbye and to give me a farewell hug - just in case I closed before they got to see me again.

Aggie popped in for that visit too!

Tomorrow I’m hoping to finish my stocktake - but maybe I’ll be too busy haha.

It’s 10pm and it’s sleep time for me.




Nite all.

No comments: