Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 10, 2022

Fancy That!

In October 2019, some very wealthy and important people gathered together for a practice run of a global pandemic to discuss all the issues that they would need to overcome - like how to keep big business operating, how to curb fake news/misinformation and how to control the masses.

It was called Event 201 and there is a website with videos showing small snippets of discussions, presentations and speeches by powerful people.

You can watch these videos here … Event 201

Despite an early start, my Monday has been very pleasant.

At 8am I met The Gypsy at the shop and we spent 90 quality minutes catching up. There was a LOT to catch up on and 90 minutes wasn’t nearly enough time, but it was very enjoyable.

Adoring Husband picked me up at 9.30am and I decided that I wanted Canadian pancakes for brunch. Into the kitchen I strode to make GF pancakes with caramelised banana, bacon and maple syrup.

It was delicious and exactly what my tummy wanted.

The rest of the day was spent in front of the TV.

Dinner was salmon steak with home made potato salad, home made coleslaw, green salad, kimchi, avocado and lemon. Also delicious.

I feel very refreshed and ready to face another closing down week.



BOSTON -- Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Quaker Oats Co. have agreed to pay a $1.85 million settlement to children fed radioactive cereal in the 1940s and 1950s as part of a scientific experiment to determine how the products' nutrients are absorbed into the body.2 Jan 1998

Nite all.

No comments: