Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 13, 2022

So Great!

What an amazing day!

Sales were the lowest for the week so far but still great.

The number of like minded people who entered the shop today was mind boggling. All but two of them from out of the area. All of them with their own and their family’s covid stories. All with special anti virus recipes to share. All with new websites to explore. All with their own opinions about the mainstream narrative.

There were two X-nurses one of whom became a naturopath but is now retired from that, one a Doctor recently de-registered for refusing the vax, one childcare worker with 16 years experience no longer working for not getting jabbed and two public servants who have refused to be jabbed. Two of our local unvaccinated people.

Such great conversations. I felt supported and energised at the end of the day.

I had time to clear some stuff out of the storage shelves ready for Adoring Husband to chop it all up and toss in the recycling bin.

I had time to make and eat my prawn lunch.

I received a delivery of kefir - fermented ginger drinks that I ordered on the weekend. OMG delicious!

I’m planning out our new healthy lifestyle. With more time to dedicate to us, we are going to be the super heroes of our own lives and I can’t wait.

It was exciting to see that as of 15th January, they are relaxing the border restrictions and Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair will be heading this way very soon! Finally! Just in time to help me finish up in the shop! 

We left work right on time.

Instead of my usual anti-inflammitea, I sampled my new Pine Needle tea which I ordered through the FROG box yesterday. It is an anti-viral tea that is apparently all the rage for Covid recovery as well as creating Covid immunity. 

The taste reminded me of a medicine I used to take as a child! It must have been a good memory because the taste didn’t disgust me.

We had bangers and mash with broccoli and home made gravy for dinner. So good!

I think I need an early night.



Nite all.

No comments: