Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Three Times

I was SO busy today that I only had time to boil the jug three times - eventually making myself a cup of tea on the third attempt.

At one stage there were 15 people in the shop and I can’t remember it being completely empty at any point.

I smashed my sales record again and I’ve gotta say it was an impressive tally.

Thank goodness Adoring Husband could see how exhausted I was and quickly closed the shop at 2pm before anybody else could sneak through the door.

I received an invitation to sit on a committee for the “Know Your Rights” group which is holding a rally in the Lions Park on 12th Feb. There’ll be a sausage sizzle, a coffee van, entertainment as well as a very knowledgeable guest speaker who will provide lots of information as well as answer any questions.

I declined because I have enough on my plate for the next month and I don’t want to add stress, however, I’ll help promote the rally and invite people along.

During the day, a woman said to me “Oh I wish we lived in the area. I’d buy the shop, but I don’t think my husband would agree to moving.”

I replied “You should ask him because you never know, he might just surprise you!”

As I left the shop at closing time, she called out to me from the footpath and we met halfway along the driveway where she asked me for more details about the business.

It was a genuine enquiry from an experienced business owner and I was honest with her, and she thanked me for my honesty. In return she was honest with me asking me to not get my hopes up because she didn’t know how her husband would feel about the idea.

It was a good conversation and even if nothing comes of it, I feel good knowing that she liked my shop enough to consider taking it on. I’d love to be a fly on the wall when she brings the subject up with her hubby.

I couldn’t wait to sit down this afternoon and my body thanked me as I leant back in my chair and put my feet up while I drank my usual tea.

AH cooked our chicken thighs on the barbecue while I made the salad.

It’s now 9.30pm and I’m definitely ready for some sleep. I wonder if tomorrow will be another blinder?


Nite all.

No comments: