Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Sweet Sunday

It was a sweet Sunday for me, but not so sweet for the flood bound down south.

While Maryborough’s flood barricade experienced a catastrophic failure because a wall in the underground storm drain failed, which caused the water to escape upward through the drain holes.

This caused flooding to a larger number of businesses than expected so people were scrambling to empty important documents, technology and stock from their premises before it was too late.

The flooding was just 35cm short of the 2013 record.

The bridge at Howard is temporarily closed until it can be checked for structural damage.

Meanwhile we are all protected in our Burrum bubble.

Although … a fridge washed up on the beach this morning! It was quickly removed but there is a lot of debri about from where the Mary River flows out to sea and the currents bring it in our direction.

I stayed in bed all day. 

I got up to make my breakfast and again at 4pm to make dinner.

Chicken mince with onion, garlic, cabbage, carrot, mushroom, white port, sour cream, salt, pepper, a touch of coconut sugar and a few GF pasta spirals.

It was dang tasty!

I think I shall go to bed to watch the last hour of “I’m a Celebrity”.

I’m meeting The Gypsy at the shop in the morning. She’s got an hour to spare until they need to go home and clean up the flood mess.

A couple of things you might be interested in …

Physicians Declaration II

Doctors For Covid Ethics



Nite all.

No comments: