Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Water Water Everywhere

X tropical cyclone Seth has given us a lot more than we bargained for!

Some places received 640+mm of rain in 24 hours - that’s more than a year’s worth of rain one day!

Right now, Maryborough and Gympie are waiting for the rivers to peak.

Best Cousin In The World, who has a farm on the Mary River at Gundiah, is surrounded by water and the river is the highest it’s ever been and the closest to her house it’s ever been!

This is what it usually looks like …

This is what it looks like today …

Scary huh?

All roads to their property are flooded so there is nowhere to go.

The Gypsy who lives in Dallarnil, west of Childers, had a river of water flood through her property washing away the veggie garden and and all the potted plants. The small town was damaged …



The bridge to Howard (20 mins from here) is under water.

We are fine here. No flooding and the rain has gone.

It was quieter than usual in the shop today. I well and truly passed my happy minimum but the weather certainly kept people away.

It was a pain in the butt when I was at my busiest, I experienced a blackout that lasted about 15 minutes. I had three people waiting to be served and no internet for the transactions!

Aggie came for a quick visit. It’s been a few weeks since we caught up so it was nice to see her.

I’m now looking forward to a couple of days off, maybe a swim in the pool and perhaps checking off a few things on my “to do” list.

Again, we’ll see.

Nite all.

No comments: