Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 7, 2022

I Made It

I finally made it to Tinkerbells to pick up my new jewellery.



The green one is a raw velvet malachite. It's one of the most powerful transformational crystals for the heart and will encourage changes which will compel us to move forward in our life but first it helps us to recognise and deal with what’s not best serving us.

Ideal for my current situation.

The other two are Ocean Kyanite, found in central Australia and helps with forging a new unique path, improving psychic ability and helps you connect with nature. It assists in creating new neural pathways in damaged areas of the brain.

While we were in The Bay, I got some more carry bags from HBW for the shop and then stopped at Harvey Norman to print a photo for a customer.

We almost had to cancel the trip in again because at 1.45pm there were still six people in the shop, but we scooted the last customer through the door at three minutes to two and were driving out of town at 2.10pm which was good going because we dropped the money tin and some meat at home before leaving.

It was another crazy busy day but I didn’t have a chance to tally up sales before I left the shop. I doubt that it was as high as yesterday because the value of each sale was, on average, lower than the last two days.

At least I had a chance to eat lunch and drink an entire cup of tea!

I had a couple of visitors but couldn’t sit with them for very long because of those pesky customers.

Tonight, we are awaiting the arrival of X-tropical cyclone Seth. It’s forecast to arrive sometime around 5am and Higgins Storm Chasers have warned that there may be water spouts, strong damaging winds, heavy rain and possible hail.

Adoring Husband and I spent time this evening moving some of the pool furniture and cushions into the store room and outdoor kitchen. We wound down the pool umbrella and then moved some of the furniture in the alfresco area to a safer spot closer to the house.

Hopefully, it’s all for nothing, but the BOM shows that the low is intensifying as it gets closer to land and our 2013 experience with the tornado makes us a little more aware of the possibilities. Better to be safe than sorry!

It’s now well after midnight so I should sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: