Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Beginning Of The End

First open day of January.

First day of 30% off sale.

My brain is very tired from calculating 30% off!

It was incredibly busy and if there wasn’t 30% off, I would have well and truly broken my sales record.

Lots of sad faces and conversations full of disappointment that I’m closing - by both locals and regular tourists.

It kind of feels good that I’m leaving on a high.

I’m not closing because of poor sales.

I’m not closing because I’m being evicted.

I’m not closing because I’m sick of the shop.

I’m not closing because my classes failed.

I’m closing on my own terms and my community is disappointed that I’ll be gone.

Once I get past the guilt, that’s a nice feeling.

Today I chose my word for the year.

In previous years my words have been INSPIRE, CREATE, EASE and last year was FLOURISH.

I think this is my eighth year of choosing a word, instead of a New Years resolution. 

This year I choose “RISE”

I’m going to RISE out of the ashes of my shop.

I’m going to RISE above all of this covid crap.

I’m going to RISE to meet any challenges that life is going to throw at me this year.

This is going to be a good year.




Time for sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: