Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 7, 2022

Down She Comes!

Beautifully delicious heavy rain soaking into the ground as we speak.

I’m a bit concerned that my training room may have very wet inner walls by tomorrow morning.

As expected, the weather contributed to reduced sales today, but my takings were still fabulous - just half as fabulous as the other days of the week.

I met lots of new people today including many workers from the medical industry. One lady who has just been “sacked” from an $80,000 pa health industry job for refusing the vax. 

She told me that 50% of her family work in the health industry - nurses, doctors, lab workers, dieticians, physiotherapists, counsellors - a wide range. Of the twenty one family members, all but three of them have been stood down for refusing the vax.

One of the three, her daughter, was vaxed against her better judgement and while in tears, but she had a new house mortgage and she couldn’t afford to lose her job.

She said they all refused the jab because they’ve seen the results and have cared for the many injured in hospitals in QLD.

Nurses, including her daughter, are currently working twelve hour shifts because of staff shortages and they’re talking about bringing trainees in from the universities to help.

We had a long chat. It’s always interesting to hear other people’s stories.

Another young woman from Gympie hospital who only has one senior RN above her now and needed a break after working double shifts for 3 months due to staff shortages.

An older woman who lost her “carer” job for not getting the jab but has been called back to work because so many of those that were being cared for had to be put into hospitals and other facilities because there weren’t enough carers left in the work force.

Apparently exemptions are now being offered to bring carers back but they need to be tested daily.

I had a really nice visit from one of my neighbours this afternoon with her own story to tell. The division in the community is brutal and we are all hurting because of it. It’s not going to end any time soon.

I’m looking forward to finishing with the shop and withdrawing into my own little world where I can focus on our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. I’m going to avoid the world until all this is over … it’s going to be a long time.

Vaxed or unvaxed, it seems that everybody is over all the BS.

In NT the Premier just announced that the unvaxed are no longer allowed to go to work! They are not allowed to exercise for one hour each day either. They are only allowed to buy groceries or medications within a 30km radius of their home, provide care and support for family members who cannot care for or support themselves, and they can leave their home for their own personal medical treatment.

That’s it.

I have a feeling that the same rules will be brought in for QLD next week.

We’ll see.

I’ve enjoyed sitting back with my feet up, watching telly and listening to that lovely rain. It’ll be nice to fall asleep to the sound of it too.

At least I’ll be ready for sleep a lot earlier than the last few nights!

In fact I am yawning uncontrollably so I think it’s time.




This is the rain we are experiencing right now!

Nite all.


No comments: