Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 2, 2022

How many more adverse effects have been covered up during the trials? - ...


Today, I found on Netflix, a series called “Cobra Kai” which is a follow on from “The Karate Kid”, a movie made in 1984. It has all the original actors from 38 years ago and I have to say, they all hold up well!

I am really enjoying it and have spent the afternoon and evening binge watching it. We have three shows left of the second series and there are four series.

So obviously I didn’t get any of the things done that I’d hoped, but there is always tomorrow.

I do know one thing for sure … I need to shower! 

My sustenance today consisted of lemon water, chicken broth, anti-inflammitea, a handful of corn chips and one rice paper roll filled with pork mince, onion, celery, carrot, cabbage, garlic and mushroom. 

Adoring Husband had last nights leftovers for lunch.

On Friday, I grocery shopped on-line and it will be delivered tomorrow between 7am and midday. 

This is the second time I’ve done this. I think the first time was almost three years ago.

So it’s nice to have three full days at home without having to go into The Bay - having said that, we have to drive in on Tuesday afternoon to pick up a pendant from Tinkerbells and have a photo printed at Harvey Normans.

It’s 11pm so I’m off to sleep.




Nite all.


No comments: