Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Great Start

They say you should start the year as you wish to continue it.

Well I certainly don’t plan on spending my entire year in bed, but I DID spend the entire first day of the year in bed. 

I did absolutely nothing productive.

Adoring Husband made my lemon water followed by chicken broth with toast.

I napped often.

I played Words With Friends.

I browsed through Facebook.

There were lots of New Years messages passed back and forth between friends in messenger.

I selected a couple of books on Audible by sampling a good number of them. My audible library is substantial so I guess that’s something else I can do once the shop closes!

It was nice to listen to the rain during the day and the temperature inside felt really mild.

At 5pm I got up and made a chicken and vegetable dish for dinner. It included celery, onion, sweet potato, potato, garlic, three different varieties of mushroom and chicken. Quite tasty.

It’s almost 11pm and I think I’m ready to sleep - yet again.

I hope to feel a bit more motivated tomorrow and I have a few things I’d like to tick off my ‘to do’ list but we’ll wait and see. No rush lol.



Nite all.


No comments: