Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Boxing Day

Today was officially the Boxing Day holiday, but I opened the shop anyway.

It was worth the effort with good sales in the shop and via the Facebook page.

I only had one visitor for coffee and it was really nice to have some quality time with Maid Marian. I don’t think we’ve ever had time with just the two of us before. We had about an hour.

I made some 50% OFF signs for the snap buttons and snap jewellery and taped them where they’ll be seen.

I prepared the “closing down” sale signs for next week - I still need to laminate them.

I began gathering a few things to bring home. If I bring a bag of stuff home every day, the job won’t be so big at the end of January.

I packed away the macrame wall hangings ready to hand back to their owner.

I met a lot of holiday-makers, but they were new - not the old regulars - which was also nice.

The weather was a bit unpredictable with a few short sharp showers appearing out of nowhere, so that may have kept a few people away. The forecast is for much of the same this week so it’ll be interesting to see what affect it has on sales.

I feel like it’s going to be a good week.




Nite all.

No comments: