Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Here We Are

Here we are at New Years Eve and time to reflect on 2021.

What was memorable about this year?

1.    I had the first couple of weeks in January with Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair in residence.

2.    My second grandbaby, Hazie, was born early April.

3.    I got to meet her and cuddle her two weeks later (in between Melbourne lockdowns)

4.    I met my new son-in-law for the first time (after 3 years!)

5.    I spent five days with the family and saw Chicklet for the first time in 2.5 years! 

6.    Bubbles visited in June and returned home just in time for Sydney lockdown!

7.    I ran 22 art workshops.

8.    I increased sales in the shop by 30%

9.    I enjoyed numerous lunches with my girls before mandates locked me out of cafes and restaurants.

10.  I made the decision to sell/close the shop to escape the covid BS mandates.

11.  I sold 8 pieces of art and 6 photos.

12.  I continued practicing meditation on a daily basis.

My plans for retirement include cleaning and decluttering the house, photography, art, cooking, swimming, meditation, riding my trike, walking on the beach and to finish creating my online course.

Today was another great day of sales in the shop with lots of tourists still about.

In a bid to reduce next months workload, I brought a few things home that are not needed in the shop anymore.

I had to restock the button trays because at 50% off, they are selling like hot cakes!

I started to make a ‘to do’ list of everything that needs doing for the next month. It’s going to be a long list.

There wasn’t much energy flowing through me today so the day wasn’t too productive.

I brought twenty timber coat hangers home and swapped them in my wardrobe for the plastic ones. The local op shop will be receiving a box full of plastic coat hangers very shortly.

We had pork medallions and salad for dinner and now it’s after 11pm so I need to sleep.





Nite all and Happy New Year!

No comments: