Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Self Care

I needed the break.

It has been five days since I looked at anything covid or vaccine related.

Sometimes it just gets too much.

Today was my last day of self indulgent misery.

I should have practiced some self care and self love but mostly I sat around feeling a bit angry with the world.

We watched the third Matrix movie which was better than expected. 

We found a series called “Dash and Lily” which I really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I’ve just discovered that there won’t be a 2nd series. That makes me sad.

We watched some cricket too.

Some time after 5pm I decided to go for a swim.

Big mistake.

It was surprisingly cool and I swam three laps before I decided to find some warmth under a hot shower!

I researched some raised garden beds. Once I’m done with the shop, I’ll get back into some fruit and vegetable gardening - on a smaller scale than our last “mini farm” pre-pool. I’m looking forward to growing some sunflowers too.

I’ve ordered some sour dough bread starter and will make our own bread.

I have big plans for the kitchen and paleo cooking - which I’m sure Adoring Husband will enjoy. I’ve been going through some old recipe books. We are going to be super healthy!

I’m going to spring clean the house and brutally declutter.

There will be plenty to keep us busy, which we’ll need since we’re not allowed out in the real world. We’ll have to provide our own entertainment!

In the meantime, I have about five weeks left of my happy place - depending of course on whether there is another lockdown.

It’s way after midnight and I’ve got work tomorrow!


Nite all.

No comments: