Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Another Day …

The day was a little slower, but sales were still fantastic, especially with a huge boost in the final 30 mins.

For all the days of great takings for the last 2 weeks, you’d think the shop would start looking emptier, but it’s not at all!! It still looks very full of stock.

I found a box of clothes in the change room today, so there are 8 jumpers and 6 pairs of black leggings now hanging on the racks that weren’t there before.

I sold quite a few of the high end items today, which is good.

Beauty came for a quick visit in the morning. She’s back from her latest road trip and it was nice to get a hug from one of my girls.

I had time to make AND eat some lunch! Prawns with avocado, mango and seafood sauce. Thanks to Adoring Husband for stopping at Craignish for the prawns after picking up the FROG box.

We got out of the shop on time and my only chore when we got home was to empty the FROG box.

I made my usual tea and did my usual “putting the feet up” thing.

AH cooked chicken wings for dinner.

It’s almost midnight and I’m yawning uncontrollably.




Nite all.

No comments: