Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Too Old (parts 1 & 2)

I am definitely feeling my age! (See! I was so tired yesterday that I forgot to hit ‘publish’)

I’ve made the same amount of money in four days, that I usually make in a month which equates to a regular stream of people through the doors that I have to be nice to and converse with and to whom I give my energy.

It’s draining.

I don’t hate it! 

I’m just tired.

Sales were great and even better than yesterday, but still, the displays are all full and it doesn’t look like much has moved.

I gathered a lot of empty jewellery displays and packed them to give to a local jewellery artist.

Some of the furniture has been tagged as ‘sold’ and will be taken next month.

Both of my bins are filled to capacity with chopped up empty boxes, foam casings and plastic bags.

I’ve started a list of names and phone numbers of new people who want to do an art class if I run them from home. There are five on the list already, but I’m not sure if I’ll have classes or not. I’ll wait until my grieving period has passed and I’ll see how I feel.

We left work promptly at 2pm and I’ve had little energy all afternoon, although I did do two loads of washing.

Adoring Husband made his own paleo pizza for dinner. I had half a bottle of ginger kefir.

I can’t believe it’s 11pm already!

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

Saturday 15th January 2022

Hulloooooooo!

A HUGE Saturday of sales.

I was very busy from 9am-11am then one hour of emptiness and silence followed by very busy from 12pm-1pm.

I used the quiet hour to clear out some drawers in the training room, sorting through the paints and getting rid of some empty tubes. I washed the dishes and packed up my paint brushes, of which there are approximately 80!

It was nice to come home, make some lunch and put my feet up for a while - until dinner time when I made a savoury lamb mince. 

I cut the cheeks out of 10 mangoes and bagged them for freezing.

Now it’s just after 9pm and I’m all snug in bed and have just phoned Number One Son for his 40th birthday. How did he get so old???? He gave himself a nice birthday present by injuring his knee while playing cricket.

Oops I got distracted and now it’s almost 11.30pm!





Nite all.

No comments: