Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Slow and Steady

Slow again in the shop.

Passed my happy minimum in takings and had a few social visitors, which was lovely.

In between customers I packed some more of my belongings ready to bring home and found yet more stock that I had put aside and forgot about. How annoying!

I’m now preparing for the 50% off sale which will start tomorrow and hopefully that will bring more people into the shop.

I posted the notice in a couple of local community pages on Facebook and have had a few responses. 

Fingers crossed (again) because there is still lots of stock to move.

There have been some lovely comments about the shop and how much it will be missed - they won’t miss ME, just the shop haha.

Adoring Husband visited the butcher and then we closed the shop.

BGWLBH and I draped ourselves over the lounge discussing news of the day and then we found some great trivia questions online and competed against each for the quickest answers. First it was AH vs me and then it was AH vs BGWLBH. 

AH beat me by 2 points and BGWLBH beat AH by 2 points.

I cooked up a chicken and vegetable casserole with pasts spirals for dinner and enjoyed watermelon for dessert.

We each went to bed early all trivia’d out and feeling weary, but for me, it has already reached 10.15pm. Once I land in bed, time seems to fly!

Tomorrow I have to start preparing for my farewell on Saturday afternoon.

There will be so much happening over the next couple of months with finalising everything in the shop, then travelling down south to help finalise everything for BGWLBH.

I’m taking over the double garage as my art studio, so we need to have a garage sale to clear a lot stuff we currently have stored there. Then we have to clear the bedroom that is currently my art studio and turn it back into a bedroom.

It will be fun decorating and styling my new studio.

Just when I thought I needed to figure out what to do next, the universe decided to hand me something completely different and now both BGWLBH and I both have new beginnings that we will support each other through.

Now AH has two wives. BGWLBH is the caring compassionate one and I am the one that delivers tough love! He’s in for a good time haha.





Gotta get some sleep.

Nite all. 

No comments: