Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Aussie Aussie Aussie

It’s Australia Day!

Or

It’s Invasion Day

Or

Australian Natives’ Association Day

Or

Survival Day

Whatever you call it, it’s a public holiday, so I did not open the shop today.

I stayed in bed til 10am.

I tried on my new togs/swimmers/bathers and went for a swim and a float in the pool.

I lounged under the Bali Hut with BGWLBH reading and relaxing.

I joined BGWLBH in the kitchen to put together a large grazing platter so that we could sit at the dining table to play trivial pursuit and eat … all afternoon.

BGWLBH won the game that we had on pause from yesterday and Adoring Husband is winning the game we currently have on pause.

Dinner was “fend for yourself”.

I reckon this Australia Day hits my top five. Relaxing, fun and spent with two of the most important people in my life. No alcohol. Healthful food. I felt the love. It doesn’t get better.

Some of the questions in trivia were from the ‘Friends’ trivia box. Vegan Chickie and Mr Perfect are ‘Friends’ fans so I texted some of the questions through to them. That added another dimension to the game and it kind of meant we spent time with family too.

Now it’s almost midnight!

Nite all.

No comments: