Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 28, 2022

Working It

Once again … exhausted.

There is so much going on in my head, I’m struggling to sleep soundly or for long periods of time.

Last night I slept from midnight til 3am, then from 5am til 7am.

I’m laying here making lists in my head of everything that needs to be done and who needs to be contacted, what needs to be packed, the time frame I’ve got to do it etc etc.

There is a very slight possibility that I could remain open.

There’s stuff happening in the global and national background that ‘could’ make all of these mandates and passports disappear inside the next two weeks. If that happens, I will strongly consider keeping the shop.

Wait and see.

Today was crazy busy and even at 50% off, I came close to my sales record.

I had a brief but nice visit from The Brains Trust. It feels like FOREVER since I’ve seen her!

A lovely couple from meditation visited just to see how I was coping and how things were moving along with the shop. It was nice to see them.

The lady who runs the art workshops at the Bowl’s Club popped in and enjoyed a spot of retail therapy after mahjong.

There was no time to record the individual items of each sale manually or electronically, so I could only keep a tally of the total for each customer. At times I felt like my head might explode 🤯 but I managed.

The Motivator brought the Fisher King to help her move the remainder of her stuff out of the shop and she also enjoyed some retail therapy while she was there. 

After closing time AH and I grocery shopped for tomorrow’s food platters. After 1pm I’ve invited people to come for farewell drinks and nibbles. There could be three people, there could be 103 people! Who knows?

What will be, will be.

I certainly required a nap this afternoon and enjoyed a very peaceful one hour doze in bed.

AH cooked dinner - the usual chicken wings - we followed that with trivial pursuit.

I came up from the rear and defeated AH in the paused game from two nights ago. Now I am ahead in the next game that is now paused until probably Sunday.

Here we are at 10pm. Let’s see how well I sleep tonight.





Nite all.

No comments: