Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Not Today

My prospective buyers didn’t show today. 

I am not discouraged because they did ask my hours this week, so they could still turn up any day. I’m convinced that they are genuine so I have not lost hope.

I have to say that it was nice to have the space clean and tidy.

There weren’t many people out and about. I passed my happy minimum in takings, but I still need to reduce a lot of stock so hopefully this Australia Day holiday will bring more people into town.

The Happy Hippy came today and did some dusting for me. We had a good chat.

This afternoon The Motivator appeared. It was so good to see her after 9 months and 4 days! We had about 90 minutes to chat and catch up and she’ll come visit again on Thursday.

We were a little late getting home this afternoon and BGWLBH was lazing by the pool and reading a very large book.

We chatted for a while before I decide to have a nana nap.

I made chicken and vegetable patties for dinner and BGWLBH made the accompanying salads. We also remembered the fruit salad for dessert which was lovely but we were very full from dinner.

Yesterday’s Trivial Pursuit game was continued until BGWLBH won … again. We started another game but haven’t finished it yet. It’s now on pause until tomorrow … but she is winning that one too.

I’m looking forward to having Australia Day off and hopefully enjoying my time around the pool with my gang of two.

Right now I’m ready for bed because I had another restless night last night and it would be nice to get some deep sound sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: