Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Party Hardly

I was up early and with assistance from Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair, prepared the platters for today’s farewell gathering.


Adoring Husband drove me to work and helped set up the training room for said gathering, buying bags of ice and filling the buckets with ice and alcohol and setting up the small tables and chairs just in case of big numbers.

I vacuumed the floor and wrote a message on the white board.

It got incredibly busy at the shop and sales were amazing, especially for a Saturday.

Lots of people taking advantage of 50% off.

At 1pm AH pulled the chairs and signs inside and my hoards of fans arrived to say their farewells … all six of them!

It was a lovely intimate group of my ever reliable arty farty girls which made for a most enjoyable afternoon of laughter and drinking and story telling and eating and shopping!

Between them, they doubled my already amazing sales for the day!

Unfortunately one of those girls, who was stone cold sober, had a fall on her way to her car and returned 5 minutes after she left, with skinned knees, feet and hands. She promptly sat down and went into shock, trembling and crying as we all rushed around trying to find anything that would help.

She was ok after about 45 minutes and AH walked her to her car. She drove home and phoned us when she arrived so we knew she was safe.

We got home a bit after 6pm so it was a good 5 hours of farewelling little ol’ me.

BGWLBH, AH and I nibbled on the leftover plates of nibbles for dinner and by 7pm I was all done in an ready for bed.

I don’t even know how it got to be 10pm already and I am sooooooo tired.

Nite all.

No comments: