Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Poolside

I wasn’t in a ‘stay in bed’ kind of mood today so at around 10am I decided to face the day.

I prepared tea and toast for breakfast and headed out to the Bali hut to join BGWLBH who was in her favourite spot reading her giant book.

We chatted over our beverages and I changed into my swimmers before sliding into the pool, which was delightfully refreshing and swam a few laps, floated for a bit and sat under the hut again.

There were a couple of short sharp rain showers which didn’t deter us.

After a while, BGWLBH headed inside to prepare some lunch.

I stayed outside by myself reading, playing, singing, swimming, floating, meditating and day dreaming until about 4pm. It was a great way to spend my Sunday.

I made soft GF tortillas with spicy chicken mince and coleslaw for dinner followed by a fruit slushy made with frozen banana, pineapple and mango, coconut cream, coconut water, a splash of maple syrup and a pinch of salt. De-bloody-lishus!

We finished the last game of trivial pursuit (which I won) before going our separate ways. BGWLBH to her bedroom to finish her giant book. Adoring Husband and I to the lounge room to watch I’m a Celebrity final night - I was pleased that Dylan won.

Now I’m watching The Greatest Showman - which is weird because last night in my dreams, I was in a relationship with Hugh Jackman and we were trying to solve a crime, searching for clues and people, running through city streets and dining in fine restaurants and laughing at each other’s jokes and kissing!

I’m sad to say that the kissing was a little disappointing.

It was a good dream and I woke up feeling happy and energised - I imagine anyone who spent an entire night with Hugh would feel the same way!

Now it’s time to sleep.






Nite all.


No comments: