Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Bigger and Better

After two really big days in sales, I expected that today would be quiet.

It wasn’t!

Today was bigger and better than Tuesday and Wednesday, which was GREAT because the shop is emptying at a very nice pace and I continue to rearrange everything and spread it all out so that people can find what they want.

I met a high energy woman with the same name as mine and she was also very like-minded. We had a great conversation about you-know-what.

There were quite a few conversations today that were affirming and interesting. It feels like the tide is turning and some people who were once complying and believing the narrative are seeing the truth and are not prepared to continue with the mandates and injecting themselves every few months.

Some people are drawing the line.

Yesterday, I decided to take advantage of the last of my wholesale access and purchase some Mexican silver jewellery. Two bracelets, a bangle and two pendants for myself (because I really needed more jewellery haha).

It arrived today!





That was quick!

I also received three new pairs of leggings, so I now have a very good collection ready for my impending retirement. I will live a comfortable lifestyle!

We closed on time today and I was not greeted by BGWLBH because she was having nap time.

For dinner, she topped up the salads and I cooked crispy skinned chicken. It was delicious.

We finished that epic game of trivial pursuit and Adoring Husband won!! It’s his first win in two years!! 

I’m now watching MAFS (Married at First Sight).

It’s raining again and I might fall asleep to that lovely sound again.

Nite all.

No comments: