Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Late Finish

At 1.40pm, two customers walked into the shop.

I thought they were together, bu soon discovered they were not.

One of them completed her purchase (which was big) at about 2.20pm but the other was having a lovely time strolling through the shop eyeballing absolutely everything and loading up the counter with more and more items.

At 2.30pm she asked if we were getting ready to leave, but we told her that we were in no hurry and she could take her time. She wandered around for another ten minutes and then decided to pay for her items and return tomorrow because there was just too much to see and she didn’t feel like she was finished yet.

Her spend was even higher than the previous customer so it was a mighty finish to another fantastic day of sales.

Fantastic sales and fantastically exhausting!

The displays are looking sparse and I’m feeling better about moving the stock before 14th Feb.

I had a great conversation with a like-minded individual today who provided me with information that even I wasn’t aware of. She was an interesting character.

We were home just before 3pm.

BGWLBH had prepared a number of different salads for dinner so all Adoring Husband had to do was cook the lamb chops on the barbecue. I had the remaining prawns and we were sitting down to dinner at 5pm.

It was delicious! I could feel all the goodness surging through my body!

Afterwards we attempted to finish yesterday’s game of trivia, but after two hours we STILL hadn’t produced a winner! We were all pretty hopeless tonight.

I watched MAFS tonight and then fell into bed. It’s already 11.30pm and I’ll be falling asleep to the sound of rain on the tin roof. Just lovely.

Nite all.

No comments: