Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 4, 2022

Consistently Consistent

What a week it has been!

Sales have been consistently high and, like a slow leak, the stock is disappearing out the door.

I had a LOT of visitors today. Friends and acquaintances coming to witness the final death throes, but at least they contributed by purchasing and removing some of the stock.

There were a couple of returnees who have already spent up big this week.

I also have a lot of stock packaged behind the counter waiting for pick up!

Earlier in the day, before it got busy, I emptied out a couple of drawers - discovering even more stock! There couldn’t possibly be any more stock hidden away!

Surely!?

I reorganised the stock so that it still looked presentable and more spread out.

Adoring Husband had a coffee date and afterwards he bought me a GF toastie from the local cafe. For some reason I was starving! Unfortunately, it got very busy and I didn’t get to finish it. By the time I got back to it, it was cold and GF bread is not nice in that state. It turns very rubbery.

The day passed quickly, as it does when it’s busy and we closed right on time.

BGWLBH and I had a cup of tea and chatted about our day before heading in separate directions until dinner time.

AH cooked the usual Friday night fare and we played a bit of trivia.

I watched the movie “Hope Floats” while AH slept on the lounge beside me. I love that movie.

Now it’s time to sleep.




Nite all.


No comments: