Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 31, 2022

Retail Therapy

BGWLBH drove us into The Bay this morning.

We started at Tinkerbell’s…

I bought a blue aqua aura bracelet to go with my heart pendant, an amber pendant to go with the ring that BGWLBH gave me for Christmas and a raw clear crystal pendant designed by Tinkerbell’s owner.

We made a quick stop at Go Natural before heading for Stocklands.

Vitamins, shoes, books and fresh fruit in that order.

I found some lovely inexpensive journals, so bought four of them and a spell book for ‘Love Happiness & Success’.

We stopped for some fresh seafood at Craignish and we were home by 12.30pm.

We unpacked all of our goodies, threw together a quick lunch and BGWLBH headed out for a swim, I landed in bed and AH planted himself in front of the TV.

Dinner was a delicious lamb roast with baked potato, sweet potato and pumpkin, steamed snow peas, carrot and broccoli smothered in home made gravy. I ate a large plate full!

“Married at First Sight” started tonight.

Now it’s 11.30pm and I’m weary.


Nite all.

No comments: