Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Countdown

Two weeks.

That’s all I have left until my current role in the community comes to an end.

The time has passed quickly and while I feel very hopeful of a positive future, I also feel a real emptiness because I successfully built on an already solid foundation to create my perfect space, doubling the income and providing a hub that brought people together as well as a safe space where women could visit and vent about whatever life was throwing at them.

Being a community hub was my main aim and to bring like minded people together to learn something new and form lasting relationships and friendships. That is my greatest achievement and I’m proud of that.

Through the photography classes, art, journaling and meditation, I learnt so much about myself, pushing through insecurities and fears and finding strength and confidence that I knew was deep inside me.

I still love my shop and I wish things were different, but every time somebody walks through the door wearing a mask and I look into their eyes and listen to their muffled voice, I know this is the right decision for me.

Today was another big day of sales and I only had the last 30 minutes without customers, so it was pretty exhausting. No time for lunch but I did get to drink half a cup of tea!

It was a quick and easy close and we were home by 2.10pm - even though somebody attempted to come in  as we were leaving.

After a quick catch up with BGWLBH I decided to lay down for a rest. Two hours (!!) later I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed ready to make dinner only to have BGWLBH tell me that it was already prepared!

She filled the table with cold meats and salads. All I had to do was shell my prawns 🦐 

I felt very grateful.

We played trivia before pausing to watch MAFS. Adoring Husband and I are neck and neck for the win, while BGWLBH is very surprisingly lagging behind us. She will probably speed past us to win so we won’t get too cocky just yet.

It’s almost 10.30pm so it’s time to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: