Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 24, 2022

Still No Rest

Well, maybe a little rest.

It was a restless night of sleep but I slept soundly from about 5.30am until 9am.

We all got dressed and drove to my shop at about 10.30am.

Maggie Mae knocked on the door as soon as we entered and stayed for about 20 minutes for a quick catch up.

Then we all got to work.

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair vacuumed the floors and scrubbed all the paint off the sink and tiles in the kitchen - it was pretty messy from the art classes, but it now looks shiny and new. I think she did the most manual labour out of the three of us!

Adoring Husband took all of the art work that I’ve had stored ‘forever’ and loaded it into the car. It was quite shocking how many pieces I had and now they are piled high in six different stacks in my studio at home. I have to say that my studio looks more like a hoarders junk room right now.

We cleared a lot of stuff out of the change room because The Motivator is picking up her chairs, floor mat, cube drawers and wall hanging on Tuesday afternoon.

I tidied off the table behind the counter, cleared a lot of stuff that I had stacked on the floor behind the counter and neatly stacked all the paperwork on my desk.

We emptied the bins and gathered the next car load of boxes and personal items ready to take home on Tuesday morning.

So now the shop looks more presentable for the potential buyer who’ll be arriving first thing tomorrow morning.

BGWLBH made lunch for her and AH and then we all rested for a bit over an hour. I know I had a nana nap before meeting her outside by the pool. The water was quite chilly but I swam a few laps and then floated around while we chatted about all things Covid and Vax related.

Bangers and mash were on the menu for dinner. AH cooked the snags on the barbecue and I did the veggies and gravy inside. BGWLBH made a fruit salad for dessert but we got so involved in Trivial Pursuit that we forgot to serve it!

We didn’t finish the game yet so no winner to report. The game is on hold until tomorrow night. We knew it was time for bed because we were becoming hysterical over ridiculous things! Tears in our eyes, cramps in our stomach hysterical!

It’s already after 11pm! 

Nite all.

No comments: