Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Priorities

I found this yesterday and it resonated …

Don’t prioritise your looks my friend, as they won’t last the journey.
Your sense of humour though, will only get better with age.
Your intuition will grow and expand like a majestic cloak of wisdom.
Your ability to choose your battles, will be fine-tuned to perfection.
Your capacity for stillness, for living in the moment, will blossom.
Your desire to live each and every moment will transcend all other wants.
Your instinct for knowing what (and who) is worth your time, will grow and flourish like ivy on a castle wall.
Don’t prioritise your looks my friend,
they will change forevermore, that pursuit is one of much sadness and disappointment.
Prioritise the uniqueness that make you you, and the invisible magnet that draws in other like-minded souls to dance in your orbit.
These are the things which will only get better.
Donna Ashworth

BGWLBH and I decided to join my art girls at the Lions Park for coffee this morning - we took water instead of tea or coffee and only two of the girls turned up, but they were highly entertaining and we enjoyed almost 90 minutes in their company.

During the morning, one of the girls told us about YouTube trivia so as soon as we arrived home, we set up YouTube on the smart TV and proceeded to spend all afternoon playing trivia! Movie trivia, Music trivia, General Knowledge trivia, Countries, The Human Body, Animals and so much more.

If we’re ever allowed back in the club for trivia nights, we’ll kill it!!!

Dinner was another “fend for yourself” occasion because the slow cooker hadn’t finished cooking our lamb shanks in time. Luckily there were plenty of leftovers for everybody to fill up on.

MAFS took our attention for a while and we all headed to bed.

Tomorrow I’m definitely handing in my notice for the shop so it’s time to make a ‘to do’ list and move forward to my new life.

I’m ready.





Nite all.

Happy 42nd birthday to Vegan Chickie today! ❤️

No comments: