Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 21, 2022

Still Nothing

BGWLBH and Adoring Husband drove into The Bay this morning.

In separate cars at different times to run their own errands.

So I had the house to myself for just a little while. I did nothing exciting. Showered, washed my hair and made myself publicly presentable.

My plan was to trike to the shop, water the plants, collect my travel case full of art supplies, check the mail, grocery shop and trike home.

Considering how hot it was at 11am, it was most fortuitous that BGWLBH arrived home and offered to drive me to complete those chores.

We made our own lunches, played a few games of Sequence, watched a Netflix movie and then we toiled in the kitchen preparing a zucchini slice and a tuna rice tart for dinner.

I watched the recording of Sunday night’s MAFS (thank you AH for thinking of me) and then watched tonight’s episode.

Now the day is over and it’s time to sleep again.

How time flies when you’re having fun!





Nite all.

No comments: