Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Time’s Really Up

Interview with Attorney Todd Callender

Tomorrow morning (Sunday) BGWLBH will be on the road and heading home.

I can’t even look at her!

The tears are set to a hair trigger and I am very emotionally unstable.

I just need to remember … it’s only two months.

Please, Universe, don’t let anything happen in the next two months to stop her from returning 🙏😳

I had intended to join BGWLBH and AH on their walk this morning but I was late waking up - a good thing because neither of them walked.

AH had an upset tummy last night and was up and down all night, which in turn disturbed BGWLBH so her sleep was also broken and she was too tired to rise at her usual hour.

At 10.30am I climbed out of bed, made some breakfast of tea and toast and sat by myself under the Bali hut. After I’d finished, I checked the pool water and it was very welcoming so I took my top off and slid into the water wearing my short leggings and bra.

It was perfectly delightful and I swam some laps (about 12), floated for a while, soaked up some sunshine and then slopped my wet self through the house to dry off and get changed.

I made a light lunch for everyone and we played trivia all afternoon. Me - 1 BGWLBH - 1 AH - 0

I roasted a chook with potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, broccoli and home made gravy for dinner. It was a purposeful dinner so that BGWLBH could take some leftover chicken with her on her travels.

She has a nice healthy bag of goodness to take with her.

Between us, we cleaned up the kitchen and now she is in her room - we will probably just ignore and avoid each other until she departs. It’s too hard.

You’ll be happy to know that Adoring Husband is feeling better and ate well today.

I’ll be in bed straight after the footy tonight.


Nite all.

Oh … here are screen shots of pages from the TGA website showing adverse events from the new Novavax vaccination. I put them at the end so that you can ignore them if you want.












No comments: