Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Sneaky Day

BGWLBH has a thing about Tuesdays.

She says it may seem like it’s a nothing day, but when you least expect it it, stuff sneaks up on you and crap things can happen. Never trust a Tuesday!

I thought she was crazy … until today.

Her prescription medication was due to run out and she had to contact her Dr to fax through the script to our local chemist.

We put all of that in motion last Thursday.

Her Dr works minimal days and minimal hours, so it was tricky to get all of the timing right to receive the script in time and if it didn’t arrive today, she would’ve had to leave for home tomorrow (Wednesday).

So her Dr confirmed that the script was emailed and she drove to the pharmacy first thing this morning to finish the transaction.

The pharmacy said they didn’t receive it.

BGWLBH phoned her doctor, verified on speaker phone that the email address was correct and the doctor resent it.

Nothing.

Staff were quite rude and very short with BGWLBH and told her they would phone her if and when the email arrived.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I’ve never had to wait more than a minute for an email to land.

By the time I got out of bed, two hours had passed since her visit to the pharmacy.

I put on my ‘knight in shining armour’ costume and we hopped in the car carrying my iPad preparing for a battle.

They still hadn’t received the script.

I asked for their email address and sent them a test email - just to determine whether the problem was at this end or the Dr’s end.

They received my email instantly.

We phoned the Dr again, verified the correct email address … again … and she sent the email  … again … 

Nothing.

So we asked the doctor to send the email to MY email address.

I received it instantly.

I took my iPad into the chemist and asked if they would accept the email from my email address. 

They agreed to this option so I sent it through and finally, BGWLBH got her script filled!

What a drama!

I have to say that the staff seemed quite annoyed at US because the email didn’t come through from the Dr. They were also annoyed at our frustration that the email didn’t come through. There was no explanation that made sense. MY email went through instantly and the Dr’s email came to me instantly so why???

Anyway … we finally achieved our goal and BGWLBH gets to stay for an extra five days.

So that’s what our sneaky Tuesday did to us today!

We played Sequence, Trivial Pursuit and Yahtzee.

I cooked shepherds pie for dinner.

We scrolled through Prime Video and put some movies on my list for future viewing and then watched MAFS.

Now it’s time for bed and sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: