Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 4, 2022

Another One

Another nothing day.

I got out of bed earlier than planned to deliver some basil and collect some meat.

When I returned home I made myself some breakfast and sat alone in my art space to enjoy it.

I began removing more stuff from my old art space and found a big box of photos, which, of course, meant that I had to sit down and go through them all! That was a wonderful trip down memory lane.

After that I began searching for some art inspiration.

I decided that I want to embellish an old art pour and create an underwater reef so I googled all things to do with reefs and took screen shots of different corals, creatures, underwater feathers, plants, seaweeds etc and began to lightly sketch the picture that I want to create.

That basically took up my entire day!

For dinner I made lamb rack with cauliflower/broccoli au gratin, sweet potato chips and snow peas, followed by frozen fruit whip.

We finished playing the trivia game that we started a few nights ago. I came from the rear and won! Then we played some TV trivia.

After BGWLBH went to bed, I caught up on some MasterChef episodes until I realised how late it was.

Now I’m in bed with Wimbledon on the telly. I don’t think any Aussies are playing tonight, but Djokovic might be. Maybe Nadal.

I doubt if I’ll see much because I have to be up early in the morning for another trip to The Bay.

It’s very chilly tonight and my weather app tells me that it’s going to be a maximum of 13° tomorrow. Might need to rug up!

I choose a cleaning fairy and teleporting anywhere in the world … I would teleport to Melbourne every night to hug my grand babies good night.



It’s already after midnight.

Nite all.

No comments: