Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Not Much Going On

The Covid Story So Far  (An article to read)

I got up at 10am and made breakfast for myself. BGWLBH and I sat in the sun by the pool for about 20 minutes before doing a garden tour and chatting with the fruit and veg plants.

We filled some new strawberry planter pots with soil and found a position for them.

I made a warm chicken salad lunch for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH before giving not so psychotic dog Colli a little haircut around her face. She wasn't happy about it but she was looking pretty messy so it had to be done.

We had a little time in the art room but my time was spent trying to figure out how to pair my iPhone to the sound bar so no art got done.

I did however, find a couple of artists on YouTube doing the type of art embellishments that I want to do so I watched a video on that before joining AH in the lounge room to watch my quiz shows.

Chicken curry was on the menu for AH tonight. BGWLBH and I had chicken soup which was very nourishing.

Big Brother and Wimbledon for me.

The Aussie girl is losing her quarter final match. I’m hoping she can make a last minute come back. Fingers crossed.

That’s all from me tonight.





Nite all.

No comments: