Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Always Something

There is always something new to know but you’ll never see it on mainstream media. For your reading pleasure …

According to the New England Journal of Medicine

BGWLBH has a heavy case of laryngitis and has spent the majority of her day in bed. I fed her pumpkin soup, chicken soup and fruit whip.

I was out of bed at 10am - it was just so cozy and comfortable in my bed and I’d have stayed there all day if not for Adoring Husband’s phone appointment with Professor Silburn at 11am. 

I made myself a cup of tea and we sat at the dining table waiting for the call.

The call lasted 15 minutes.

I like Professor Silburn. He is very approachable with a warm friendly demeanour and he’s open to alternative ways to deal with Parkinson’s Disease, even coming up with ideas himself. Our conversations almost always veer away into other areas of life and even after just 15 minutes, I feel like I’ve just finished a call with an old friend.

After the call, I reheated pumpkin soup for all our lunches.

I resolved an ongoing Telstra issue regarding the shop account.

My next plan was to do more art, but I got distracted in YouTube and my afternoon was lost!

I watched my quiz show, caught up on my recorded shows, prepared three different meals for dinner - chicken casserole for AH, chicken soup (from scratch) for BGWLBH and two soft boiled eggs on toast for myself - all timed perfectly so that we could sit down together at the dinner table.

It was well after 2am when I got to sleep last night. Two out of the four Aussies were successful in making the quarter finals of Wimbledon and I watched most of the matches. I hope to watch Djokovic tonight so I should get to sleep earlier.

Right now, I’m watching a couple of German girls fight out the first quarter final on Court One.

There’ll be no morning catch up with the art girls tomorrow because we’ve decided to organise a lunch date on Thursday instead, so I can snuggle late in bed again in the morning.

Excuse me now while I enjoy some tennis viewing!



Nite all.

No comments: