Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Beginnings

Factual but what is your perception?

The link to the government website

I watched tennis until 2am and didn’t quite make it to the end of Djokovic’s match. I knew he would win.

I slept until 9am.

I was up at 10am enjoying my breakfast in the sunshine by the pool. The Winter sun is in the perfect position to make the Bali hut a cozy retreat for most of the day.

I started to check off my ‘to-do’ list by doing two loads of washing.

I decided to clear out the bottom kitchen drawer so that all of my folded tea towels fit properly. That was a task in itself! There were receipts from 2016 in there! It took me almost 30 minutes to finish that task.

I wasn’t hungry but decided to prepare lunch for BGWLBH and Adoring Husband. I did a grazing platter with an avocado and tuna mash to wrap in lettuce leaves.

I gave up on the middle part of my list and skipped right to end for some art fun.

I have a long way to go yet, but it’s a start. This took two hours so I reckon I’ll need at least another twelve hours to finish. There will be lots of intricate details later.

I wonder if I will maintain my motivation long enough to finish?!

I made hot and spicy coated chicken for dinner with sweet potato chips and salad.

I competed with AH and BGWLBH in trivia for an hour before the football started.

I have three out of three correct in the footy tipping.

I am now sitting up in bed flipping between Wimbledon and the movie Die Hard 4.0

I am also impressed that I began every sentence in this post with “I”.

I hope you have a lovely Sunday.






Nite all.

No comments: