Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 4, 2022

Glorious Rain

The gardens are loving this beautiful drenching rain.

Our temperatures ranged from 11°C minimum to 13°C maximum so it was, comparatively speaking, on the chilly side for us.

I was out of bed at 10.30am and BGWLBH had already spent considerable time in the art space being creative. Tomorrow, I must get her permission to post a photo of her work!

Between us we made a warm chicken salad for lunch and all three of us sat down to eat at the dinner table.

Afterwards, she and I moved into the art space where she continued with her inspired pieces and I continued sketching out my embellished underwater scene.

The art space is very cold in this weather so it’s not pleasant to spend too much time there.

Dinner was bangers and mash with leftover au gratin.

We played TV trivia until Big Brother came on.

I received a call from Number One son who is about to move permanently to Perth. He has a big 10 year project to oversee so hopefully, if world events settle and I’m “allowed” to fly on planes and travel unimpeded interstate without fear of sudden mandates or lockdowns, I might get to visit him next year.

I am now sitting up in my warm bed listening to the rain and watching Wimbledon. This is my happy place 😍

Signing off before midnight.




Nite all.

No comments: