Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Bright Day

It has been a glorious day.

The weather sunshiny and perfect.

I stayed up watching Wimbledon until 1.30am, fell asleep and woke at 2.15am so I turn on the TV and watched more Wimbledon. I saw Nadal win his match under gruelling circumstances with physical problems hindering his game.

It was around 4.30am when I fell asleep and I had set my alarm for 9.30am so that I’d have time to get ready for our lunch.

I took my time getting ready and I was picked up right on 11.30am by Klokka. It was an uneventful but pleasant drive out to Torbanlea and was nice to have some one on one time with her.

We were the first to arrive so we checked our table, perused the menu and put our KENO on - I haven’t played KENO for about 2.5 years!

The other girls soon arrived and we all sat at the table. We ordered our food and then went to the bar for drinks.

Luckily almost all of the items on the menu could be created GF and my selection was crumbed calamari with chips and salad. It was a huge serving for only $15!

Everybody enjoyed their meals and almost licked their plates clean. Conversation flowed, laughter was loud, drinks were refreshing, food was great, atmosphere was relaxing, service was friendly and we all had a lovely time.

I only ate half of my food and almost asked for a doggy bag! 

We all gathered our goods and strolled down the street to ‘Tin and Timber HOME’ for the girls’ first visit and my second.

They had a great old time and we must have been in there for a good 30 minutes. The owner was very grateful because until we walked in, she’d had a very quiet day. Most of us made a purchase and all commented on the very reasonable prices for quality items.

It was 2.30pm when Klokka dropped me home.

Adoring Husband was off mowing for work and BGWLBH was still in her room attempting to heal, so I plonked myself on the couch to watch my quiz shows.

At dinner time, I made another curried chicken for AH and a potato, mushroom and chilli soup for BGWLBH. I was still full from lunch so I sat with them while they ate and we all played TV trivia for an hour before the football started.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my day. It was reminiscent of the private Burrum Babes lunches, which I miss very much.

Tonight, I have been sitting up in bed with fresh strawberries and cream watching Wimbledon but I think I might be asleep earlier tonight. I’m getting too old for these all nighters!





Nite all.


No comments: