Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Tour the Garden

BGWLBH has created this flourishing healthy vibrant array of garden beds over the last couple of months and it’s all looking incredibly happy.





































She loves plants and trees and growing things and she talks to each plant like it’s a person so she forms relationships in the garden. I swear I can see the plants smiling and quivering when they see her coming!

We’ve already savoured the many herbs (coriander, thyme, mint, rosemary, rocket, parsley, dill), tomatoes, lettuce, peas, radish and chillies. There’s so much more to come and we already have the beginnings of zucchini and strawberries forming beautifully.

I can’t wait to have so much produce that we’re giving it away!

Today was quite busy for me starting off with a tea/coffee date with a lady in need. I did a load of washing (which reminds me I forgot to hang it out!) and then visited The Motivator for her birthday. It was lovely to see her Mum who is visiting for a couple of months and it was good to see TM even though we didn’t get to chat about personal stuff.

I returned home in time to watch some football before doing roast lamb and veg for dinner.

We watched The Hunted and I phoned Bubbles for her birthday. She is busy and stressed with work but otherwise seems to be doing well. It was nice to hear her voice.

I attempted to watch Beauty and the Geek which I had recorded but the recording ended long before the end of the show. So annoying!!

Now it’s almost midnight again so it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: