Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 30, 2022

No Deal

By lunch time, we decided to not attend the Whale Festival in The Bay.

The weather was overcast, windy and cold and we knew parking would be an issue, along with finding our way to the right viewing location.

We put it in the “too hard” basket and stayed home.

We all watched “The Gray Man” and enjoyed it very much! We even purchased junk food and filled our bellies with chips and chocolate.

I must say that I suffered for it afterwards 😳

I watched my footy team get annihilated by Number One Son’s footy team.

That sucked.

The other games were good though. I enjoyed watching Adoring Husband’s team win by one point.

I cooked up a tomato based chicken pasta meal for AH and BGWLBH but didn’t eat dinner myself.

AH and I are off to Childers in the morning. I’m sad to say that BGWLBH won’t be joining us. I’ve waited for years to get the chance to share this experience with her, but alas I don’t think it’s ever going to happen.

I’m looking forward to the day anyway. It’s always worth the trip and we’ll be leaving bright and early to nab a good parking spot and the chance to see the market stalls before the crowds take over. Comfy shoes and a hat and a purse full of cash!

So on that note …






Nite all.

No comments: