Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 29, 2022

Zoom Up Zoom Down

Senator Rennick requested information from Bill Shorten (The Minister for NDIS and Government Services). He asked four questions with regard to Covid 19 vaccines:

  1. How many claims for deaths and injuries have been paid out?
  2. How many outstanding claims are there for deaths and injuries?
  3. How many claims for deaths and injuries have been dismissed?
  4. Is a non disclosure agreement a condition of any of these payouts?
Bill Shorten answered the way that is required of him, giving no information at all and using patronising and non specific language to skirt the issue.

It’s impossible to get information, even through the FOI (Freedom of Information) claims and they often cite “providing that information will cause the Australian public to lose trust and avoid the Covid-19 health initiatives provided by Australian Health officials”… or other words to that affect.

Today I had an early zoom appointment with The Gypsy. We booked 2 hours and boy did that pass quickly!

She read my cards and gave me some direction, permission to focus on healing, confidence in what the future holds, inspiration to climb out of my comfort zone and ideas for the small steps required to move forward.

I think we both felt relaxed and comforted by our chat because we both released some ‘stuff’. I can’t believe how quickly time passes in the rare times we spend together, and it always feels like we saw each other just yesterday.

After the call I sat under the Bali hut with BGWLBH for a while. When I was alone, I did a small meditation before heading inside.

I made the marinade for our chicken and that was about the extent of my productivity.

I plonked myself in front of the TV and that’s where I stayed all afternoon. 

It was a pretty chilled day.

Tomorrow, we’ve discussed spending the afternoon in The Bay for the Whale Festival and the parade. It will be interesting to see if we all are still motivated when the time comes. None of us are keen on crowds so our attitudes could change quickly.

We will definitely be attending the Childers Cultural Festival on Sunday! I’m so keen for that because we missed the last 2 years due to the Covid crap, but prior to that we had attended eleven of the last twelve years. I love that festival.

It’s nice and early so I might try some sketching before falling asleep. Very therapeutic.







Nite all.

No comments: