Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Fact or Fiction

“The Ukrainian government has published a list of politicians, academics, and activists who it claims promote "Russian propaganda". Absurdly, it includes high American officials - even a sitting US senator - and a Pulitzer Price winning journalist.”

From the guy who has banned opposition parties, laundered money and vilified Russian speakers in eastern Ukraine. 

There is nothing democratic about Ukraine. 

Incredible to think he has time for a photo shoot in the middle of a war. 

But then again this is as much a propaganda war as anything else isn’t it! 

Posing for Vogue + Social Media

Dividing the Public


It’s been a quiet uneventful day.

I chopped up and froze bags of pineapple and passionfruit for future fruit whips. 

I shelled three sand crabs and stored the meat in the fridge.

I had breakfast by the pool and spent around 90 minutes lazing under the Bali hut.

I investigated the garden and selected some rocket for tonight’s pizza.

I watched my quiz shows.

We played trivia from one of the books I bought on Monday.

I made pizza and barramundi for dinner, followed by fruit whip made with frozen banana, pineapple, mango, passionfruit, coconut cream, maple syrup and salt.

We watched the football.

I watched a YouTube video by The Gypsy and did the meditation at the end of it.

Tomorrow I have a zoom meeting with her. It’s been way too long since we caught up and I’m looking forward to seeing her smiling face in the morning.

Sleep time for me.





Nite all.


No comments: