Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Hubby Date

While Adoring Husband attended his appointment in The Bay this morning, I got to visit Abode Junction on Main Street. I’ve been wanting to check it out for months but it’s in an awkward location without parking and it’s a long walk from Pialba Place parking area.

This morning AH dropped me off so that my walk wasn’t so daunting.

It’s a lovely shop and I purchased a candle, a reed diffuser, a book, a planter pot and soap. The lady who served me was very like minded and we had a fine old conversation about a community garden in The Bay where you can lease a small plot to grow your own vegetables! Who knew?!

AH hadn’t finished by the time I’d left that shop so I walked back to Pialba Place where I bought a losing OzLotto ticket, a green juice and some home made pain cream.

Next thing, I receive a phone call from the receptionist at the office where AH was … he had left his phone at home and needed to know where to find me!

We eventually caught up with each other and drove to Tinkerbell’s where I picked up some shungite charging plates and a lemongrass/ginger soy candle. A quick trip to Go Natural for some supplies followed by a stop at Bunnings. A lemon tree, plastic pots, hanging pot chains, a door lock and four bags of potting mix later, we moved on to Stocklands.

TKMax was the first stop for yet another candle (eucalyptus and peppermint) and a cute outfit for Hazie. QBD for some quiz/trivia books and the fruitnveg kiosk for passionfruit, pineapples and mango.

By then, we were feeling pretty worn out so we drove home, picking up my parcels from the post office first.

We had cold roast lamb, fried rice, zucchini muffins and salad for dinner followed by peach and passionfruit cheesecake with ice cream.

Yum.

We played trivia from the new books and trivia on TV until our shows came on.

It’s way after 11pm and I confess that I’m feeling pretty weary so …



Nite all.

No comments: