Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Paint Your Table

Let’s start with a funny …

 "I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.. "😍

I was out of bed before 9.30am, made breakfast and sat in the sun by the pool for half an hour until I decided to finally paint pour on the round table from the shop.

I put masking tape around the edges first, then put a coat of gesso on the table, to stop the acrylic paint from peeling off later.




I chose my colours and mixed the paints. The copper colour and the turquoise are both metallic so they should have a nice shine when they dry.


Then I poured.

Here are some sections of the table.







The colours aren’t really me but I did that on purpose because I want to sell it. If I loved it, I wouldn’t want to part with it and there’s just no room for it here.

I’m going to put a coat of resin over it once the paint dries so it will have a lovely shiny surface that can be used for just about any purpose.

We watched the football and I’m doing very well in the footy tipping this week.

I made chicken curry for dinner.

Now it’s almost midnight! Eep!

Nite all.

No comments: