Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 22, 2022

Wet & Windy

It was too easy to stay in bed today.

I could hear the rain and feel the wind through the bedroom window, and I was so cozy under the blankets.

There was nothing that NEEDED to be done, so I stayed in bed.

Adoring Husband was going to the supermarket, so I ordered some meat from the nearby butcher. 2kgs of mince. 2kgs of boneless chicken thighs. A leg of lamb.

That was my cue to get out of bed.

I cooked up a big pot of bolognese sauce - enough for ten meals.

Tomorrow I’ll do a big pot of curried chicken for the same number of meals.

Sunday will be roast lamb night.

I watched my quiz shows this afternoon.

I had made up the marinade for tonight’s chicken before I started cooking so AH cooked dinner a little earlier than usual.

Friday night sees two televised footy games so AH and I watched the first one and part of the second before heading to bed.

There is a very cold strong breeze blowing through the bedroom window so I think I’m going to sleep very soundly snuggled under the blankets.

Tomorrow I’m going to take pics of how the garden is flourishing and of the new carport.

The builders forgot to seal the join in the top corner gutter and all night the water was gushing through the hole drenching the ground under the carport. AH got onto the supervisor who came out this morning and fixed the problem. Thank goodness! It was loud and messy!

I think I’m done.





Nite all.

No comments: