Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Another Wednesday

Colgate - made in Thailand. 

Macleans - made in South Africa 

Oral-B - made in China

Grants of Australia - made in Melbourne. Need I say more?

As a side by side comparison to ANY of the big names, there is really no competition. “Grants” is healthier, free from nasties, locally made in Melbourne, available in supermarkets and Australian family owned.

And yes, there’s fluoride and non-fluoride options. 

A quick walk down the toothpaste aisle and you can see the power these imported big names STILL hold over us. The supermarkets flood the shelves with these products, but why do we keep buying them? 

Because we have Stockholm Syndrome. We’re like hostages who think our kidnappers care for us. We’ve used these brands for so long we don’t even flinch when their ingredient list reads like a chemical register, and they close local manufacturing to move overseas. But they do and they have!

We have “Grants”. You might have to crane your neck around the rows and rows of the imported stuff but they ARE there, right on the TOP shelf if you’re in Coles and on the BOTTOM shelf if you’re in Woolies.

And If you can’t see them in your supermarket, then ask because WE are the customers and WE actually hold the power.

It’s time to make the swap.

I had a three hour catch up with my art girls this morning.

The weather was pleasant enough until 11am when the wind picked up and the temperature dropped. After another hour, we conceded defeat and headed home.

I picked up my parcels from the post office…


I should be an expert in no time! 🤣

Last nights leftover boiled rice became todays fried rice for my lunch.

Adoring Husband had an appointment with his Dr to get the results of his back X-ray and I’m happy to declare that there was nothing sinister to report. Just the ‘possibility’ of osteoarthritis in one small section of his spine.

The carport has been completed and I’ll take a pic tomorrow. It actually looks like a fantastic space for a party if there’s ever any bad weather!

I cooked up duck with spicy orange sauce which was accompanied by BGWLBH’s special roast veggie mix and garlic snow peas.

We played TV trivia and then watched Beauty and the Geek.

Now it’s almost midnight and I have a coffee date in the morning so I’m off to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: