Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 21, 2022

Despite the Rain

This Doctor …

… speaks about the ‘situation’ currently affecting the medical industry HERE

I thought I had a coffee date this morning but even though I had double checked the date at the time, we had a miscommunication and the date is actually next week. Hopefully the weather will be much better next week.

I made a delicious chunky chicken and vegetable soup for lunch. It was so full of flavour and healthful goodness that we could almost feel it coursing through our veins!

After lunch I waited for a gentleman to come purchase two mirrors that I’d advertised in the local marketplace FB page. He arrived exactly on time and we conducted our business smoothly.

Adoring Husband, BGWLBH and I spent an hour playing TV trivia before my quiz shows came on.

I made sweet chilli chicken with sweet potato and potato chips, char grilled capsicum, green beans, snow peas and cherry tomatoes for dinner, followed by fruit whip.

We watched the Broncos play a GREAT game against Parramatta Eels defeating them by a big score!

Before bed, I packaged the chicken broth that had been cooking overnight and popped it in the freezer.

Now it’s rapidly approaching midnight so it’s time to sign off.






Nite all.


No comments: