Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

On The Go

I haven’t taken a photo yet but the carport has begun!

BGWLBH and I were hoping the tradies would be a bit of eye candy.

Alas, it was not to be.

We girls drove into The Bay early and sat down to an Aquavue breakfast of GF pancakes for me and bacon and eggs for BGWLBH.

We stopped at Go Natural for coconut sugar and tapioca flour. I walked out of the store with a box full of $180 worth of goodies.

Manicures and pedicures were on our minds but the nail joint was booked out so we’re going to try again tomorrow.

Instead, we stopped at the gold and silver kiosk and I found a neat little silver ring for $18. We grocery shopped and stopped at the fruit and veg kiosk for some fresh produce. We purchased the winning lotto tickets from the newsagent. I got myself a new water bottle …

… and a silicone muffin tray.

That was enough for one day. We were all worn out and headed home. It was only midday!

The barramundi order arrived at the same time as us.

The electricity guy, who told us we’d be without power for 90 minutes, took only ten minutes to do the job.

It was all very hectic for a little while but by 2pm the tradies were almost done for the day and things settled down.

I spoke on the phone with an X-boyfriend’s Mum today. The X-boyfriend passed away in 2013 and his Mum is in Bundaberg for a couple of days. She heard that I was nearby and got hold of my phone number. It has been 34 years since I spoke to her last! I guess she liked me back then. It was a lovely, though emotional, phone call and she wants to keep in touch, so that’s nice.

Now it’s midnight and I need to be up early so time for sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: