Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Juxtaposition

These images evoke opposing emotions.

The peaceful serenity of the still water at low tide…

The shocking disappointment of our pillaged bushland…


BGWLBH, Adoring Husband and I took a long walk along the beach this afternoon. The weather was great, the tide was out and there weren’t too many people about. I found all the big puddles to slush through and ran into a couple of locals along the way.

We watched the footy, made bangers and mash for dinner and then set ourselves up to watch the new series “Hunted” and the new series of “Beauty and the Geek”.

Neither were disappointing.

There’s a lot happening tomorrow.

After five months, our new carport will be started at 8.30am. The power is being converted to digital so we’ll lose power for around 90 minutes but who knows when that will be 🤷🏼‍♀️. My new shoes will arrive. Eight pieces of wild caught barramundi will be delivered. We’ve got to duck into The Bay to run some errands.

So I’d best get some sleep. Last night, for many reasons, my sleep was very broken and after the big walk today, I’m hoping to sleep more soundly.

Nite all.

No comments: