Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Wierdsville

I woke at 2am and couldn’t get back to sleep until 4am, then I slept until 9.30am, but I didn’t get out of bed til 11am.

I made myself some soursop tea out of the leaves from our soursop tree and I made a smoothie out of soursop fruit, pineapple, banana, strawberry and coconut water.

BGWLBH was in the art room so I joined her there as she finished her piece of art.

Neither of us could find any inspiration so we decided to put together the new compost bin. In two hours, it went from this …





… to this …


It was certainly a lot more difficult than the man on the video demonstrated!! But we did it!!

We played TV trivia for an hour and then football was on the agenda for the remainder of the day.

I took chicken curry and spaghetti bolognese sauce out of the freezer for dinner. Adoring Husband had the curry with rice while BGWLBH and I had spaghetti bolognese.

It’s now 8.30pm and I’m already in bed hoping to catch up on some solid, instead of broken, sleep.

I’m not sure what’s planned for Sunday but Monday is going to be HUGE. More about that later.







Nite all.

No comments: